Enable IPV6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable IPV6

I have already set a domain and its running fine with IPv4 address. I have SSH access - how can I enable the IPv6 addresses?

Check with your server provider (DC) if they provide IPv6 for your server. If so then you will need to add following ipv6 configuration within your Ethernet configuration eth0 (/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0)

​​​​​​​

Code:
    IPV6INIT=yes
    IPV6ADDR=<IPv6-IP-Address>
    IPV6_DEFAULTGW=<IPv6-IP-Gateway-Address>
    **Get the details from server and update in above configuration accordingly...

Comment

Hi,

Once you get the IPv6 Address from the ISP or DC and added it on the server through SSH as mentioned above, you can perform below steps to make it available for cPanel user..

Part-I. Checking IPv6 functionality via Shell:

From SSH, check if you are able to communicate to a server on IPv6 network. For this, you can simple use the below command:

# ping ipv6.google.com

[ If you get a positive reply from the above command, you have a IPv6 connection ready for further processing ]
      Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	1 Size:	41.5 KB ID:	253

Part-II. Enable the IPv6 on the cPanel/WHM

1. Tweak Settings: [ Home » Server Configuration » Tweak Settings ] Below are the 3 images for references:

Enable IPv6 from within the tweak setting, so the server is ready to accept IPv6 configuration for further deployments.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	1 Size:	73.8 KB ID:	254

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	1 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	255

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.png Views:	1 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	256

2. Basic Configuration: [ Home » Server Configuration » Basic WebHost Manager® Setup ]

Here you have to enable the IPv6 IP to the server same way yo assign IPv4 IP, so you can make use of it to assign for various domains on your server.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.png Views:	1 Size:	103.0 KB ID:	257

Click image for larger version  Name:	6.png Views:	1 Size:	93.9 KB ID:	258

3. Adding IPv6 Ranges: [ Home » IP Functions » IPv6 Ranges ]

Here you have to add the IPv6 range if you have bought it from your DC or ISP.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7.png Views:	1 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	259

4. Assign IPv6 IP to domain: [ Home » IP Functions » Assign IPv6 Address ]

Assign IPv6 Address to a user. Here you can assign the shared IPv6 IP of a dedicated one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9.png
Views:	16
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	263

You are now done and domains on the server is ready to be accessed via IPv6 network.

Last edited by Jayant R. Danech; 11-25-2017, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Rajashree Bejekar
        Rajashree Bejekar commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the detailed steps! Really helpful for me.

Thank You!

Comment

Working...
      X