X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install SSL/TLS certificate for the domain through cPanel:

Steps to install SSL/TLS certificate for the domain:

1. Login to Cpanel.

2. Under the Security section, click on the SSL/TLS tab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1089

3. Click on the "Manage SSL Sites" option under the "Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS)" option.

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1090

4. You can see the "Domain" option under "Install an SSL Website", choose your appropriate domain name from drop-down menu.

5. Click on the "Autofill by Domain" icon, cPanel will attempt to fetch the SSL Certificate and Private Key for you.

6. If system fails to fetch details, you should enter it manually into the corresponding boxes. Copy and paste the contents of the Intermediate CA file into CA Bundle box.

7. Finally, click on "Install Certificate".

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1091

This is how you can install the SSL/TLS certificate for your domain.

I have a Cpanel, that gets the free self generated SSL certs. They seem to expire every 3 months. This works fine for the webite itself. However I have a DNS name pointed to my Emby (like Plex) server at home. The Emby requires a PFX file, and I am just not seeing where I can even export anything for a dns subdomain that exists elsewhere. The Install link next to the cert is grayed out.

Last edited by maikier22; 05-11-2022, 12:06 AM.

Comment

It looks like you are trying to install the SSL on your Windows server for the subdomain, if yes then you will need to order a separate SSL for that subdomain only from any SSL provider and install it on your Windows system.

Comment

Working...
      X