Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Migrate wordpress website from shared hosting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Migrate wordpress website from shared hosting ?

I am looking to safely migrate wordpress website from shared hosting to my dedicated server. I only have wordpress admin login details and FTP access, Please advise.

A WordPress website can be migrated manually from one server to another server, here are the steps that you will need to follow:-

A) Download/Upload WordPress Files.

1) Connect to your old shared hosting account using FileZilla or any other favorite FTP Client.
    2) Check where WordPress website files/folders are present and download them on your computer.
    3) Upload those files to your new dedicated server at /home/username/public_html/ location using FileZilla or any other favorite FTP client.

B] Download/Upload database related stuffs of your WordPress website.

1) If you've a phpMyAdmin access of old shared hosting then you can export the database on your computer in .sql format file. If not then get in touch with old provider and ask for the backup of a database.
    2) Create a new database and new database user on the dedicated server using cPanel > MySQL Databases page. Once done then assign the database user to database on the same page.
    3) Access phpMyAdmin of new dedicated hosting service through cPanel > phpMyAdmin page and import the .sql file to new database.

C] Make changes in the WordPress configuration file.

1) Locate wp-config.php file of your WordPress website through cPanel > File Manager > public_html > Right Click on the wp-config.php file > Select Edit option.
    2) Update correct database hostname, database name, database user and password in the wp-config.php file.

D] Check website in your favorite web browser

Once you've completed all the above steps then you will need to check website by browsing it in the web browser to confirm everything is functioning correctly.

If you've any queries or concerns about any of the above steps then feel free to update me here. Best of Luck.
    Last edited by ameya; 12-21-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
      I am looking to safely migrate wordpress website from shared hosting to my dedicated server. I only have wordpress admin login details and FTP access, Please advise.
      I think you should go through this WordPress migration guide to easily transfer your site to another host.
      Move WordPress site from one host to another host and then reconfigure your website to work from the new host in 3 simple steps.

Comment

Steps to follow in order to Migrate Your WordPress:

Choose a New WordPress Host.
        Backup Your Site's Files.
        Export Your WordPress Database.
        Create a New SQL Database
        Import the Contents from your Old site .

CloudNow offers cloud migration consulting services and cloud migration companies in the USA
        CloudNow’s Cloud Migration & Deployment Services help you convert capex to opex, and ensure enhanced reliability, scalability, and performance.

Comment

Working...
        X