Web Application Hosting issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Application Hosting issues.

How Cloud Technology can solve common web Application hosting issues?
    I am hosting a Web Application on traditional on-premises infrastructure. While running the application, I’m facing variety of Infrastructure and architectural issues on it.
    Coming to the point, I am facing issues during peak hours and days.
    Can you please explain how this issue will be solved by migrating my Web application on Cloud Infrastructure?
    Lalitkumar Waghulkar | Business Development Executive.
    www.geekssolutions.in
    T: +91-253-2313625 | M: +91-8888889939 | Skype: lalit_403

Hi,

With cloud infrastructure, you can effectively scale up or down your web application resource and control your resource requirement, which is not possible in on-premise infrastructure. So, when your application requires more resources, it can be scaled up for performance and when it does not require, resources can be lowered.

Comment

Thank you for the update, Mr. Jayant. But is it Cost-Effective alternative to oversized fluctuations needed to handle peaks?
      www.geekssolutions.in

Comment

Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud can solve many problems related with Web applications running on On-premises server or running on dedicated servers. I will pin down some of the major points that you are going to benefit from using cloud hosting services.

1.) Choosing the right type of server or instance for your application. If you are application are using more compute power as per your business logic, you can choose the right type of instance( server ) which will give your web application more compute power thus processing much faster. However, if your application is more memory based intensive you can have multiple options for choosing the right server. For instance, AWS have this large variety of instances family which gives you an edge over dedicated servers. Finally, I agree that cost wise it will be expensive but you have to consider performance over cost.

2.) Scalability - Well, This is very important thing to consider if you are looking to scale up your business considering growth aspect. It's quite obvious that if your business starts growing your website will tend to have more and more traffic thus causing performance related issue if its running on dedicated or on-premises server. In such case, you might have to plan out a migration strategy which is very cumbersome and can cause downtime to your application thus causing business losses. Cloud providers like AWS make such difficult task very easy and provides great flexibility to scale up your applications horizontally or vertically and that too without any down time.

3.) Fault Tolerant - Your business critical application needs to be highly available and you cannot afford service disruptions anytime during running business hours. A typical scenario with dedicated servers can be like if your mail server is crashed even though your front application is working but the back-end messaging system is down thus causing service disruptions. With cloud you can architect your web application in a distributed architecture and making a fault tolerant application

4.) High Availability - This is one of the top most feature of any cloud based model, High Availability is the need of today business challenge. Business cannot afford to go down and setting a highly available application on a dedicate or on-premises infrastructure will be complex and much more expensive. Cloud providers like AWS provides components like Elastic Load Balancers and Auto scaling which can be used to setup high available applications.

5.) Migrations - Migrations of instances, databases or other components in cloud are simpler as compared with other complex setups.

6.) Pay-as-you-go model is one of the best things that i like since you only pay for what you use. Your capex and opex are almost nothing since you only pay for what you have used. AWS does all the hard work for you and can further save your cost by choosing reserved instances for longer term.

7.) Making use of CDN to make your applications perform faster from multiple locations. You cannot disagree here that use of CDN is not going to benefit your applications performance. If you are application is going to have global traffic i will strongly suggest to use Content Delivery Network technology for your website.

Comment

Thank you for the detailed information.
          www.geekssolutions.in

Comment

Working...
          X