How to Clone Wordpress Website ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Clone Wordpress Website ?

I want to clone wordpress website on different wordpress website. In short what i mean is i want to duplicate the contents from my existing wordpress website on new website. Please guide me proper steps.

STEPS TO CLONE THE WORDPRESS WEBSITES:

Its very common issue for the new WordPress users how to transfer a WordPress Website.

Here is the solution we can use wp-clone plugin for easy migration or transferring of the websites.

Wp-clone Plugin

Wp-clone is the easiest fastest and most secure way to move a copy or WordPress site to another domain or webhosting server.

Wp-clone Plugin Installation Steps:

Login to the WordPress admin area -> Go through Plugins sections ->Add new plugin-> Search wp-clone

Please see below screenshot:
    wpclone-installation

Install the plugin and activate it.

Step 2:

Click on Wp-clone from the dashboard i.e. from left sidebar. It will show 2 options:
    1. Create Backup
    2. Restore from URL
    So, create the backup first so once the backup is completed copy the link and save in notepad.

Please see below screenshot:
    wp-clone-backup

Step 3:

Now login to the new WordPress wp-admin where you have to install the clone website.

Install the clone plugin in that website and paste the URL in Restore Backup.
    restore_backup

That’s it. This how you can move the data successfully.

It copies all the mysql database, files, folders, username and password too.

So, you can use the same old password of the WordPress website which you have created the backup and use for cloning.

This process doesn’t work for different server it works for the same server.

Comment

Thank you, I will give a try with the plugin wp-clone and will report if any errors.

Comment

Sure! Let me know if you face any errors.

Comment

Working...
        X